Have you stumbled across an ad for the SpyFocus Security camera? Do you want to buy Spy Focus security camera from getspyfocus.com? Do you want to find out if Spy Focus app and camera is worth your money? Read this review to find out if you should buy this security camera.
What is SpyFocus?
SpyFocus is a discreet, user-friendly security camera you can use wherever you want on your property. The camera easily connects to your phone via an app, so you can keep an eye on your home no matter how far away you are. . It claims that it is equipped with a 1080P-HD high-quality lens, allowing you to see even the smallest detail. It also has night vision which is just as clear as it is during the day. It also comes in a magnetic stand, this way it allows you to place the camera wherever you choose without having to drill or hammer.
According to the getspyfocus.com website, it comes with a microphone plug and play. The camera also covers a 120-degree angle, so you can be sure that every important detail will be caught by the high-resolution lens.
Inasmuch as SpyFocus looks legit, In this review I would be sharing my experience using the security camera, what I think about it, its features, specifications and If it was worth buying.
How Does SpyFocus Work
The security camera works through an app and this app can be used to control the camera, all you have to do is scan the QR code in order to connect it. it also has a magnetic stand that also allows its users to place it anywhere for discreet use.
Features Of SpyFocus Camera
- It is a discreet device
- It comes with an app and the camera can be controlled through the app.
- It has a magnetic stand that allows users place it anywhere.
- It has night vision
Specification Of The Spyfocus Camera
Material: Aluminum Alloy
Not included TF Card
Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer battery included
Power Source: Battery Powered
Voltage: 5 volts
What You Get When You Order The Spyfocus Camera
The Spyfocus package list includes:
1/2/3 x Mini Camera
1/2/3 x Bracket
1/2/3 x USB Charging Cable
1/2/3 x User Manual
How To Use The Spyfocus Camera
- Attach the self adhesive bracket to a wall.
- Open the app on your phone and sign up.
- Following the Instructions on the app, connect the camera to Wi-Fi
- Set it up and start using it.
Unboxing And Testing
The Spy Focus Camera cost is $39.99 on discount with the actual cost quoted as $79.98. I decided to order this vigilance camera to see what the whole fuss was all about, and believe me, I wish I had listened to my instinct telling me not to waste my money, cos that was what I did, I wasted my money. It also did not arrive with a follow feature as advertised. It was also very clear that this was no high end camera but a simile cheap toy. After setting the Spy focus app took hours to connect all cameras, then after connecting it went off and the cameras could not stay connected for long too. The battery life is also nothing to write home about, its not strong and needs to be charged at all times. The claimed night vision did not help at all as the images were all grainy.
The Spyfocus camera is just a waste of money and worst of it is it takes customer care ages to reply messages and when they do they do not have anything helpful for customers, when I requested a refund, I was asked to pay full shipping cost to China. Don’t make same mistake as I did, don’t bother buying the Spyfocus camera, it is not worth your money.
Does SpyFocus Really work?
Sadly, this is a scam cheap toy and not a high end security camera as it has claimed. it is clear that the camera is not authentic but a cheap child’s toy.
A customer had this to say:
ITS UTTER RUBBISH, IN FACT ITS LIKE A CHILDS TOY.Tony
Some Unanswered Questions About The Spyfocus Camera
Seeing as the manufacturers of the Spyfocus Camera listed so many features of the camera, they however failed to provide some important details about the camera too. I have so many questions about the Spyfocus camera and they include:
- How long does the charged camera last? They only made mention of the app notifying you when you need to charge, but nothing about how long the charged camera lasts.
- Is the camera weather proof (it’s meant to sit outside your home as a security camera, but no reference to it being waterproof.
- Where is the video footage stored / how is the video recording triggered? (It says it needs to be connected to your wifi, but with claims of no monthly fee, it raises questions on video storage) Knowing the requirements (e.g. MB/24hrs and any auto-erase) would be handy
Some User Experience With The Spyfocus Camera
So many users have complained about the Spyfocus Camera, some complained of the poor customer service, and also calling it a scam. Customers and users have also left reviews on Trustpilot about thus security camera.
Some Claimed Benefits
- It is easy to control
- It covers a 120-degree angle, so you can be sure that every important detail will be caught by the high-resolution lens.
- It is quite expensive
- It is just a cheap toy
- The website was just created recently In June 2023, this is suspicious and shows that it is an easily disposable website.
- There are negative reviews online about it
Is The Spyfocus Camera Worth Buying?
The Spyfocus Camera is not a scam, but it is just not worth the money spent. And it does not work as advertised. It does not have the extra ordinary features that the manufactures claim it has. There are also claims by the manufacturers that the Spyfocus camera is endorsed by CNN, Forbes, Techradar, However these are all fake as these institutions never endorsed this camera.
Why I Think The Spyfocus Camera Is A Scam
Having bought and used the Spyfocus Camera, here’s why I think it is a scam and now worth buying.
- It Has A Very Poor Camera Quality and the battery doesn’t last.
- It is frustrating to use, took hours to connect the cameras and the cameras kept going off.
- There are so many fake claims on the getspyfocus.com website, they claim that they have been endorsed by CNN, Forbes, etc but these claims are all false.
- There are so many negative Customer reviews online.
- It is made in China and not America as stated on the website.
From the foregoing it is clear that Spy Focus is not an authentic product as the claims are all false, it is just a crappy camera from China that has been packaged as a high end Security camera. It is the same as the scam Airon Drone that we have reviewed here. Click Here To read about other products we have reviewed.
Do this If you have been Scammed!
Have you been Scammed? Here are some things to do if you’ve been scammed.
Contact your bank and and file complaints also request for a new debit card. If you used Paypal as a method of payment you should document the transactions for future purposes, you can do this by keeping a screenshot.
In as much as online shopping has made life easier and simpler, one ought to be careful when ordering things online to avoid the risk of a hacked credit card and overcharged fees. Before ordering things from an online store check out the following.
The website age, A return address, Customer Reviews and its social media presence.