Are you experiencing difficulty in falling asleep? Read this article to find out ways to fall asleep quick!
What Is Sleep?
Sleep is a process whereby your body and brain repair, restore, and reenergize. If you don’t get enough sleep, you might experience side effects like poor memory and focus, weakened immunity, and mood changes. Adults need 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night to keep the body healthy and to make the function well.
Why Is It Important To Sleep?
During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. In children and teens, sleep also helps support growth and development. Getting inadequate sleep over time can raise your risk for chronic (long-term) health problems. The followings are the importance of sleep;
- Sleep helps to stay at a healthy weight.
- A good sleep lower your risk for serious health problems, like diabetes and heart disease.
- Reduce stress and improve your mood.
- Think more clearly and do better in school and at work.
- Get along better with people.
- A good sleep reduces accident; Drowsy drivers cause thousands of car accidents every year
Reasons Why You Cannot Fall Asleep
Have you been experiencing difficulty in sleeping? Here are the factors that hinders you from sleeping;
- Sleep disorders, like sleep apnea or insomnia
- Stressful life events or trauma — such as the death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or a job loss — also may lead to insomnia
- Health conditions, like heartburn or asthma
- Certain medication
- Caffeine (usually from coffee, tea, and soda)
- Alcohol or hard drugs
How To Fall Asleep Quick
Your inability to fall asleep when needed can be so frustrating and tiring. At times certain medications can help in making you fall asleep but the best way or method is natural method .The followings are ways to help you fall asleep when needed:
- Avoid napping during the day: This is likely to disrupt your sleep at night ,especially when your nap lasted for hours.
- Create a healthy sleep cycle
- Free your mind from worries
- Exercise during the day: Exercise has a positive impact on your sleep cycle.
- Avoid caffeine
- Medication: This help reduce anxiety, which can often disrupt sleep. Using this method can help calm an anxious mind, distract you from busy thoughts and allow you to fall asleep more easily.
- Good eating habit
- Avoid noisy environment
- Stop or reduce your intake of alcohol
- Turn off lights
- Do not use your phone when you are sleepy, it distracts your mind.
It’s important to get enough sleep. Sleep helps to keep your mind and body healthy. Sleep problems are common and the above suggestions should help, But if otherwise ,see your doctor!
Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by Loveth