Did you receive a USPS us9524901185421 tracking number directing you to a phishing website saying that they’ve been unable to deliver your package because your shipping address is wrong? Do you want to find out if this text is a scam or legit one? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such text.
What is the us9524901185421 Scam Text
The scam text is been sent by scammers with a link to a phishing website . The scam text message claims that they’ve been unable to deliver your package because your shipping address is wrong. However this is a scam text which scammers are sending.
us9524901185421 Scam Text And How It Works
The scam works by attempting to trick recipients into clicking the link in it. But, the link in the text scam goes to a phishing website that steals account credentials, personal and financial information.
The spoofing links often times contains viruses, spywares, malwares, which are harmful to devices and can hack and destroy a device.
What To Do When You Receive The us9524901185421 Scam Text
The best thing you can do when you receive a text like this is to block the sender and delete it. Make sure you do not click on the link, simply delete and do well to inform your family and friends so that they wont fall victim of such scam.
us9524901185421 Scam Text Format
The us9524901185421 Scam Text always comes in this form:
USPS: Tracking number:
Tracking Number: us9524901185421. Status : We have issues with your shipping address. USPS Allows you to Redeliver your package to your address in case of …
You may also get other similar texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim. The goal here is to lure unsuspecting victims to click on the link that takes them to a phishing website where their personal information is then taken and used fraudulently.
People who received this text have also left reviews online , warning others.
How To Protect Yourself From Phishing And Smishing Text
The US Postal office offers certain tools to track packages, however customers are required to register online, or initiate a text message, and provide a tracking number. They will not send text messages without customers first asking for it and the texts do not contain a link. So a link in any of such text is a red flag. For more information about these USPS services, please visit, USPS TEXT TRACKING FAQs: https://www.usps.com/text-tracking/welcome.htm.
Tips On How To Protect Yourself From USPS Related Scam Text
- Do not click on any links or attachment in any text message.
- USPS does not notify customers of package delivery attempts or request personal information via email or text so do not give out any personal information.
- Be sure to examine the text message thoroughly, grammatical errors and poor spellings are always an indication of a fraudulent text or email.
- Make sure your security software and application are up to date.
How To Report USPS Related Scam Text
- Send a mail to [email protected].
- Do not click on the link, simply copy the whole text in a new email.
- Provide your name in the email and a screenshot of the message also showing the the phone number of the sender and the date sent.
- Make sure to include some relevant details in your text, for example, if you clicked the link, if you lost money, if you provided any personal information, or if you experienced any impacts to your credit or person.
- Send the email and then wait fro response from from the Postal Inspection Office.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the us9524901185421 Scam Text is a phishing scam just like Upsreported. So many people have received similar texts, Users should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.
To Read Further on other Online scams, Click Here.