Did you receive an Evri Parcel Locate Scam Text claiming to be from Evri saying that your Your could not be located and asking you to click on a link? Do you want to find out if Evri Parcel Locate Text is a scam or legit? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such text.
Table of Contents
What is the Evri Parcel Locate Scam Text
The scam text is been sent by scammers with a link to a phishing website. The scam text message claims that Your parcel has could not be located now visit: hxxps://evri-redelivery.com. . However this is a scam text which scammers are sending.
The scam attempts to trick recipients into clicking the link . But, the link in the text scam goes to a phishing website that steals account credentials, personal and financial information.
.The spoofing links often times contains viruses, spywares, malwares, which are harmful to devices and can hack and destroy a device.
There is an ongoing conversation about this scam text on Reddit.
The best thing you can do when receiving a text like this is to block the sender and delete it.
You may also get other similar texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim. The goal here is to lure unsuspecting victims to click on the link that takes them to a phishing website where their personal information is then taken and used fraudulently.
How To Identify Other Scam Texts Like The Evri Parcel Locate Scam Text:
To identify scam parcel delivery texts purportedly from “Evri,” consider the following warning signs and red flags:
- Unsolicited Text Messages: Be wary of unexpected text messages claiming to be from Evri or any other delivery service, especially if you have not recently placed an order or are not expecting a delivery.
- Generic Greetings: Scam messages often use generic greetings, such as “Dear customer” or “Valued recipient,” rather than addressing you by your name. Legitimate delivery services typically use your name in their communications.
- Urgent or Threatening Language: Scammers may create a sense of urgency or use threatening language to prompt you to take immediate action, such as clicking on a link or providing personal information.
- Suspicious Links: Avoid clicking on any links included in the text message, as they might lead to fraudulent websites that aim to steal your personal information or install malicious software on your device.
- Requests for Personal Information: Be cautious if the message requests sensitive personal information, such as your full name, address, social security number, or financial details. Legitimate delivery services typically do not request this information via text message.
- Poor Grammar and Spelling Errors: Many scam text messages contain grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, or awkward phrasing. Legitimate companies usually have professional communications that are free from such errors.
- Unusual Sender Information: Check the sender’s details to ensure they match the official contact information of Evri or the specific delivery service. If the sender’s information seems unfamiliar or doesn’t match the official details of the company, it could be a scam.
If you receive a suspicious text claiming to be from Evri or any other delivery service, it’s important to independently verify the information through the official website or customer service contact information. Do not provide any personal information or click on any links until you have confirmed the legitimacy of the message. If you suspect that you’ve received a scam text, report it to the relevant authorities or the legitimate company to help prevent others from falling victim to similar scams.
How To Protect Yourself From The Evri Parcel Locate Scam Text
Parcel delivery phishing texts are a common type of scam where fraudsters impersonate legitimate delivery services to obtain personal information or financial details from unsuspecting recipients. To protect yourself from such scams, consider the following tips:
- Verify the message: If you receive a text claiming to be from a delivery service, check the message carefully for any suspicious content or inconsistencies. Look for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, or unusual formatting, as these can be red flags.
- Check the source: Examine the sender’s details to ensure they match those of the legitimate delivery service. Be cautious if the sender’s information seems unfamiliar or doesn’t match the official contact information of the delivery company.
- Avoid clicking on links: Refrain from clicking on any links provided in the text message, especially if they direct you to unfamiliar websites. These links could be used to install malware on your device or lead you to a fraudulent website designed to steal your information.
- Contact the delivery service directly: If you receive a suspicious text, independently look up the customer service contact information of the delivery company. Call the official customer service number or visit the company’s official website to verify the status of any supposed deliveries or requests.
- Be wary of providing personal information: Avoid sharing sensitive details such as your full name, address, financial information, or any other personal data in response to text messages, especially from unknown or unverified sources.
- Report suspicious messages: If you suspect that you’ve received a phishing text, report it to the delivery service provider and the appropriate authorities. Additionally, consider reporting the incident to relevant consumer protection agencies or anti-fraud organizations in your region.
- Use security software: Install reputable antivirus and anti-malware software on your devices to help detect and prevent potential security threats, including phishing attempts and malicious software.
By staying vigilant and following these preventive measures, you can reduce the risk of falling victim to parcel delivery phishing text scams and protect your personal information from fraudulent activities.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the Evri Parcel Locate Scam Text is a phishing scam, So many people have received similar texts, Users should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.
To Read Further on other Online scams, Click Here.