Did you receive a DHL Track Your Package Scam Text claiming to be from DHL? Do you want to find out if this email is a scam or legit one? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such Text.
What is the DHL Track Your Package Scam Text
The scam text is been sent by scammers with a link to a phishing website . The scam text claims that you can track your package. However this is a scam text which scammers are sending. Cyber criminals send thousands of emails presenting them as notifications from DHL companies. The messages state that users have received packages, which have not yet been delivered.
DHL Track Your Package Scam Text And How It Works
Attempts have been made to defraud Internet shoppers by the unauthorized use of the DHL name and brand via email communications and graphics which appear, on the surface, to have originated from DHL. The scam works by attempting to trick recipients into clicking the link in it. But, the link in the mail scam goes to a phishing website that steals account credentials, personal and financial information.
The spoofing links often times contains viruses, spywares, malwares, which are harmful to devices and can hack and destroy a device.
What To Do When You Receive The DHL Track Your Package Scam Text
- If you are on your computer,Drag & Drop the suspicious email into a new message and send it to [email protected] as attachment. To effectively shut down the fraudulent service, DHL needs the complete mail headers which are not included in a forwarded message.
- If It is sent on your phone, forward the message to the above mentioned email address, then report the message as spam so that your mail provider can take appropriate actions.
Some DHL Track Your Package Scam Text Format
The DHL Track Your Package Scam Text often comes in this form:
Keep track of all your packages. Simple and easy!
Get Your Suspended Package
YOUR PACKAGE IS COMING
You have (1) package waiting for delivery. Use your code to track it and receive it
Schedule your delivery and subscribe to our push notifications to avoid this from happening again!
SCHEDULE YOUR DELIVERY
Track all your shipments in one place.
Keep us close at hand!
View the latest delivery statuses of all your shipments. See also detailed tracking history and expected delivery times for each shipment.
TRACK YOUR PACKAGE
This is to notify you that your shipping invoice is ready for download
See attached file to get more details about your shipment.
For inquiry and complaints, please logon to shipping portal to reach an agent
Deutsche Post DHL Groupo
Please be advised that if you have received an email suggesting that DHL is attempting to deliver a package requesting that you open the email attachment in order to affect delivery, this email is fraudulent, the package does not exist and the attachment may be a computer virus. Please do not open the attachment. This email and attachment does not originate from DHL
You may also get other similar texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply forward it to DHL then delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim. The goal here is to lure unsuspecting victims to click on the link that takes them to a phishing website where their personal information is then taken and used fraudulently.
People who received this text have also left reviews online , warning others.
How To Protect Yourself From Phishing And Smishing Text
The DHL name has been used in a series of fraudulent email scams, commonly referred to as “Phishing.” One such email suggests that DHL is attempting to deliver a package and asks the recipient to open the email attachment in order to affect delivery. These emails are not authorized by DHL – their authors are only using the DHL name in their message to grab the user’s attention and lend apparent legitimacy to the emails.
DHL recommends not opening the emails if identified as being “from” DHL, and one or more of the following is the case:
- You have received an email without a tracking number and you are not doing business with DHL
- The email has an attachment and you are not aware that you are doing business with DHL
- The email instructs you to open an attachment for the tracking number
Tips On How To Protect Yourself From DHL Track Your Package Scam Text
- Do not click on any links or attachment in any text message.
- Report fraudulent or suspicious DHL emails to DHL Customer Service
- Be sure to examine the text message thoroughly, grammatical errors and poor spellings are always an indication of a fraudulent text or email.
- Make sure your security software and application are up to date.
How To Report The DHL Track Your Package Scam Text
- Send it to [email protected] as attachment.
- Do not click on the link, simply copy the whole text in a new email.
- Provide your name in the email and a screenshot of the message also showing the the phone number of the sender and the date sent.
- Make sure to include some relevant details in your text, for example, if you clicked the link, if you lost money, if you provided any personal information, or if you experienced any impacts to your credit or person.
- Send the email and then wait fro response from from the Postal Inspection Office.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the DHL Track Your Package Scam Text is a phishing scam just like Upsreported. So many people have received similar texts, Users should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.