Have you heard of the Area Code 266 Lesotho Scam Calls? Did you receive a suspicious call that rang once? Do you want to find out if this call is a scam or legit one? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such calls.
What is the Area Code 266 Lesotho Scam Calls
Area Code 266 Lesotho Scam Calls One Ring Scam Call also known as Wangiri is a scam call. It involves bogus calls made to look like they originate from legitimate numbers. It typically involves a call that ends after one ring in the hopes that the recipient will call back and rack up charges.
Wangiri” is a Japanese term which roughly means “one and cut” and crux of the scam sees you ring the number back where you’d then be put on hold, hear music playing or speak with the scammer.
The objective of the hoax is to keep you on the line for as long as possible as your call will be charged at a premium rate.
The one-ring calls often appear from numbers somewhere in the U.S., including three initial digits that resemble U.S. area codes. But scammers often use international numbers from regions that also begin with 3-digit codes or use spoofing techniques to mask the actual number.
This scam has been widely reported and often targets elderly and vulnerable people.
Other scam calls may refer to National Insurance number fraud or offer a tax refund and request you to provide your bank or credit card information. If you cannot verify the identity of the caller, we recommend that you do not speak to them.
If you’ve been a victim of the scam and suffered financial loss, report it to Action Fraud.
The scam attempts to trick recipients into calling them back and when you do they make you give out personal and financial information that they could use in stealing from you.
.The best thing you can do when receiving a call like this is to block the sender.
You may also get other texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim.
How to avoid falling for this Area Code 266 Lesotho Scam Calls
- If you receive an unexpected missed call from an international number you don’t recognise, ignore it.
- If you are receiving repeated missed calls, block the number.
- Consider blocking international calls on mobiles used by children. This prevents a child from accidentally calling an international number themselves.
- When dealing with uninvited contacts from people or businesses, whether it’s over the phone, by mail, fax, email, in person or on a social networking site, always consider the possibility that the approach may be a scam.
- Spread the word to your friends and family to protect them.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the Area Code 266 Lesotho Scam Calls is a phishing scam, So many people have received similar calls, texts, emails Users should not call them bank but block their numbers.
To Read Further on other Online scams, Click Here.