Did you receive a Debit Card Locked Scam Text asking you to call 810-547-4279 to prevent your account from being locked? Do you want to find out if this text is a scam or legit one? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such text.
What is the 810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text
The scam text is been sent by scammers. The scam text message claims that you need to call 810-547-4279 to prevent your account from being deactivated. However this is a scam text which scammers are sending.
810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text And How It Works
The scam works by attempting to trick recipients into calling the number in the text. And when you call, they try to trick you to into disclosing your account credentials, personal and financial information, which will be used fraudulently.
Often times they send a text containing a link and the spoofing links always contains viruses, spywares, malwares, which are harmful to devices and can hack and destroy a device.
What To Do When You Receive The 810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text
The best thing you can do when you receive a text like this is to block the sender and delete it. Make sure you do not call the number, simply delete and do well to inform your family and friends so that they wont fall victim of such scam.
810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text Format
The 810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text always comes in this form:
(Call 8105474279 Now ! 058#) #Debit-Card Locked Alert Account-ID:2175491781.
You may also get other similar texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim. The goal here is to lure unsuspecting victims to click on the link that takes them to a phishing website where their personal information is then taken and used fraudulently.
People who received this text have also left reviews online , warning others.
Tips On How To Protect Yourself From Related Scam Text
- Do not click on any links or attachment in any text message.
- Be sure to examine the text message thoroughly, grammatical errors and poor spellings are always an indication of a fraudulent text or email.
- Make sure your security software and application are up to date.
How To Report Related Scam Text
- Send a mail to [email protected].
- Do not click on the link, simply copy the whole text in a new email.
- Provide your name in the email and a screenshot of the message also showing the the phone number of the sender and the date sent.
- Make sure to include some relevant details in your text, for example, if you clicked the link, if you lost money, if you provided any personal information, or if you experienced any impacts to your credit or person.
- Send the email and then wait fro response from from the Postal Inspection Office.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the 810-547-4279 Debit Card Locked Scam Text is a phishing scam just like Upsreported. So many people have received similar texts, Users should not call the number or click on the link if and when they receive such message.
To Read Further on other Online scams, Click Here.