Did you receive a call from +1 800-869-3557 claiming to be from Wells Fargo Bank saying that there is suspicious activity on your account? Do you want to find out if this call is a scam or legit one? Read this review to find out why you should be wary of such calls.
What is the +1 800-869-3557 Scam Call
Scammers are calling people and telling them that they are from the Wells Fargo bank, they claim that they have noticed suspicious activities on their accounts and then ask them to read out their card number. They also go as far as setting up a fake MoneyGram account using the victims phone number and email and try to hack into your account.
+1 800-869-3557 Scam Call And How It Works
The scammers call from +1 800-869-3557 and the caller pretends to be from Wells Fargo, they tell you that they have noticed a suspicious activity on your account and then asks you to read out your card number, often times they want you to log in to your account or reveal your password to them.
Wells Fargo Bank has also issued a warning about these scam calls and also issued steps to take to verify and protect your account.
- Forward the suspicious email or text to [email protected] and delete it. You will receive an automated response.1 We will review your message right away and take action as needed..
You may also get other similar texts as they come in various form, it is in your own best interest that you don’t click on it, simply delete it and inform others so they don’t fall victim. The goal here is to lure unsuspecting victims to click on the link that takes them to a phishing website where their personal information is then taken and used fraudulently.
So many people have gone on to leave reviews online that they also received this calls from this same number.
What To Do When You Receive The +1 800-869-3557 Scam Call
If you received this suspicious phone call and you shared personal or account information, call the Wells Fargo bank immediately at 1-800-869-3557.
Learn more about bank imposter scams.
Tips On How To Prevent Fraud And Protect Your Account
Protect Your Account
- You do this by protecting your identity, Store your Social Security card, passport, green card, financial documents, and unused credit, debit, or ATM cards in a secure location.
- Never provide your personal or financial information to a caller unless you initiated the call or other communication.
- Don’t send personal or financial information through email or text, as this is typically not secure.
Protect Yourself Online
- Your security online should be paramount, Create a unique username and password for your Wells Fargo accounts and don’t use any part of your email address.
- Activate a 2 step verification factor.
- Always sign off from any website after you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot sign off, close your browser to help prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
Protect Your Device
- Protect your phone by setting up a PIN with your mobile carrier so no one other than you can make changes to your account or transfer your service to a different mobile phone.
- Safeguard your phone to help protect your accounts. When you’re not using your phone, use the built-in security functions to lock it.
- Don’t access your financial accounts through public Wi-Fi networks, such as those available in coffee shops or airports.
- Only download applications and programs from a trusted source, like your mobile phone’s app store or the manufacturer’s website.
From the Foregoing, it is clear that the +1 800-869-3557 Scam Call is a phishing scam, So many people have received similar calls, Users should not release their personal information when they receive such calls.
To Read Further on other Online scams, Click Here.